Vanessa & Charlotte
As we move into May, the dreaded Advanced Placement (AP) exams are a major source of concern. The AP exams take place through the first two to three weeks of May, and each test can take anywhere from one to four hours. Many New Hope students will be taking one or more exams in the coming weeks, so here are some things to help you prepare.
- If the class you are taking the exam in is offering any type of study session or practice exam- take it. This will help you get a sense of what the real test will be like, and is an extra way to study.
- Make sure to not cram all materials into the night before. Spread out little bits of studying over the next few weeks or days to not overwhelm yourself and your brain.
- Get a good night's sleep the night before. There is no need to study that night, just relax and mentally prepare.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. The test is long and there are not many breaks, if any. Eat a full meal.
- Leave your phone at home, it is not allowed. Make sure you have any materials, such as a calculator or pen, with you.
Most importantly, try not to stress too much! These tests do not affect your current school grades, so just try your best!