Tuesday, May 6, 2014

G-Eazy and Ground Up wow students

Matt Steele
Staff Writer

On March 26, 2014, West Coast rapper G Eazy played a show at The Theater of the Living Arts, on South Street in Philadelphia. Many students attended the show, not only to see G Eazy, but also because Ground Up was also performing. Ground Up is a duo originating from New Hope.
 The venue was very crowded and hot, but it added to the intimate atmosphere. At times, it was annoying, as my view would occasionally be blocked and I was in very close proximity to other people. All in all, the atmosphere wasn’t perfect, but once the musicians came on, you somewhat forgot about it and it didn’t take away from the concert too much.
 The performances were very good, especially G Eazy’s. He had a few people on tour with him who performed before he went on. These performances were very good, even when I didn’t know who the people were. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed these other rappers. Once G Eazy came on, the show picked up. His song selection was good and the speakers weren’t too loud, even though I was standing right in front of them. I thought his performance was very good, and the crowd really got into the show.
 Concert go-er Connor Smith offered his opinion on the experience, “The concert was sweet, the lights were sweet, G Eazy was sweet, and Ground Up was sweet. Overall, I’d have to say the concert was pretty sweet.”

 I’d say that quote pretty much sums up the night. I’d have to agree with Connor. It was sweet.